The International Baltic Earth Secretariat (IBES) as a focal support point for Baltic Earth is located at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Hereon (until 31.3.2021: Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, until 1 November 2010: GKSS Research Centre) in Geesthacht, Germany.
The Baltic Earth Secretariat´s tasks cover in particular:
- to support the Baltic Earth Science Steering Group, Working Groups and Panels in their activities, and to provide preliminary reviews of their work
- to maintain connections with all participating research groups and with all operational data and numerical modelling centres for Baltic Earth
- to prepare for international Baltic Earth events and to provide assistance for reports by Baltic Earth scientists and to international research groups and the research and public community at large
- to author, edit or contribute to selected publications or collections of publications
- to organize and help organize educational events like summerschools and courses
- to participate in teaching obligations at Baltic Earth educational events
- to inform participants about ongoing activities which may be of relevance to their work
Since January 2002, Helmholtz-Zentrum Hereon, (until 31.3.2021: Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (as of 1 November 2010, before GKSS) has been the only sponsor of the International Baltic Earth (former: BALTEX) Secretariat, covering salaries for the staff members, infrastructure and travel support.
CV and selected Publications